Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Making Tetrax in GBP, Pondicherry 2010













Now, this was a looooong wait.
Frequently I changed sides of the plastic as it would gather water droplets, at the top part .., carefully not letting them fall on the clay, ha ha. oh! that was soo much work. I hope you understand the irony here.
















































During this time I got involved in pillar making, and firing 40 hour long bisque firings, making large quantities of glaze, and 18 hour glaze firings.

I did the initial part of glazing on Rays 22feet size sculpture, which is in 17parts.
Though these were to be fired after my tetrax, there were series of pillar firings going on.
And they had be to finished and moved out of the way before I could bring my piece to the kiln.
















Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
So, the piece (tetrax) had to be moved from its station to the platform where the kiln is.



For the same, a concrete ramp was made, almost connecting the two areas.






Then the D-day for lowering the piece from its position and shifting, CAME.

I have no words to express what was going on within me before we actually did this.



No comments:

Post a Comment