Friday, March 16, 2012

Robert Barron's Gooseneck Pottery, Kardella, Oz













































































First week of October 2011, I travelled to Korrumburra, was received by Robert Barron. For three weeks I stayed at the pottery house and worked at Rob's pottery. Rob makes huge thrown vessels, and also utilitarian ware. For me this was a stint to enhance my throwing skills. It is fantastic to stay and work at the same place.
I took a short travel to Bali. On my return Rob's firing crew members joined. Nina, Ewan and I helped Rob in loading the kiln. It was great to work with Nina, Mary, Dianne, Keith, Steve, Ilona and many who came by and helped for several hours through the firing. The firing was quite intense, a lot of joy and learning.
We got some really nice results.
After unloading and grinding the pots, we prepared for the open days.
This was absolutely new for me. The display and the event.
It was fun-a-sauraus!!

Thanks to Rob,... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment