Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paths, I have not been for long, potters home.





Bhola Pandit and family. This family of potters provide all the terracotta ware needs of our household. Whether it is roof tiles "Khapara", water pot "Surahi", storage pot "Hariya" or pot for yogurt/curds "Katahari".

I attempted throwing on the pivot wheel. I was careful with my toes and knee, not to get hurt. I could manage to sit in squat position for half hour at a time. With small breaks to stretch my leg, I made pots for couple of hours.
As it is a pivot wheel, the wheel head does not stay parallel to the ground. Hence if i like to continue, would have to make changes in my style of throwing.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Did you throw that cluster? That's impressive for a first timer on a pivot wheel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all made by the potters. am still to learn their tricks. ;)

    ReplyDelete