Thursday, January 7, 2016

Life in Logan - Grad Student


Graduate school has been very intense. 
Along with facing issues of adapting to this culture
multi tasking at school
after having been working solitary
in my studio - Earth Art
led me to 
face challenges of various kinds.

At times I would cry, sometimes laugh
the trouble is my inertia that lies within.

Not being too hard on myself,
I have breezed through the semester.
And these are the objects I made.


some exploration with structures -












tested clay bodies that would 
slump at higher temperatures.



















exploring surface and textures






In this one
I forced the change of shape
by dropping the piece off the table
as soon as I had placed the coils together.







This piece was fired to 2220 deg F/1220 deg C
last image shows how the coils were placed in the kiln
and I watched the coils change shape as 
the temperature increased.

Finally having a sense of giving up
or gotten destructed.






No comments:

Post a Comment