Tuesday, August 15, 2017

USU Grad Student at Marble/marble Stone carving Symposium July 28th - August 6th 2017









After the amazing time at this symposium last year, 
I was waiting to return to. 
And it was even better than I imagined. 
Similar to last time Myles drove responsibly 






































































and we were there at a good time to set up tents. 
Though it was drizzling - we managed to keep most things dry!!




 And the beautiful view of the peak.





The river next to my spot of carving.



The first workshop on Safety.






Myles big rock starting to become a sculpture.




Ryoichi Senseis rock and himself working on the machete.




Rock that I am carving next to the river.. 
almost like flowing water










Evening Sun at the dining table.










Preparation for slide presentation.




Moon after the slide talk.




Madeline was kind enough to take us
on a walk to the Mill Site.





































































































oh! and the bear... 
it visited me on five out of eight nights that I was there.

I would hear its footsteps approaching.
Pause
I would hold my breath.






Then a HUF 
and footsteps going away from me.

First three nights I wasn't sure that it was the bear

And then this appeared next to the trail.




I could tell the bear never came under the tarp.
Even when not very close, I was terrified.




Yet the nature and beauty around healed me. 



And then the bowl tossing in the river ceremony!!






Shiva Kumar from Bangalore, India.
Quite an artist. 





The crew were the most awesome group of people.
Here ready to help load up one of the participants sculpture.
So skilled, generous with their knowledge and time.
Alway appreciate it.




















Brann, geologist. I had great conversations with him.
Very intelligent, answered most of my 
queries about the cliff face. 
He used to bring student to research the strates and faults in this area!!







Me






And packing up for return.







p.s. there are several blog postings that are due....
they will be shared in the course of time.
This experience was so ready

Thanks for visiting 
keep it going! 








No comments:

Post a Comment