Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Anagama'09 GBP, fourth night firing







Actually we did not reach the fourth night firing.
We fired only three hours into the night shift on the fourth night of the firing.

After finishing the previous night shift I gave myself a good breakfast and a good sleep. After I woke up, I was wondering what time it might be, that I got a call from the day crew members.. (it was around 3pm) the first row of shelves were tilting to one side....

It was consensus that we shall salt as soon and finish firing by evening.

The next thing was, I was ready and at the pottery.
Oh! the glow and the melt of the ash on the pots was beautiful, it was really amazing to see.

The day and the night crew.. all of us were there.
We prepared salt packets.. and sprayed and salted the last chamber.

We kept feeding in the wood untill 9pm, 75 hours into the firing!

After a little time after we last stoked(put wood in the chamber) we plugged all holes and closed the damper to let the pots cool slowly in the hot chamber.

Hurray!!

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    all photos are very nice,

    by seeing all these snap,I,remembered all the sequence of Pondicherry.......

    Pijush

    ReplyDelete